Saturday, July 15, 2017

Oil Change and visual inspection

A few months ago there was a nice deal on Amazon for some cheap full synthetic 5W-30 Mobile One oil. I've had it in my garage, on the shelf, waiting for the miles to accumulate on my Cobra. Day finally came a few days ago. My aCar app was telling me that I was 70 miles overdue on my oil change.

Yesterday on my way to work I stopped by AutoZone an picked up a new oil filter. My favorite is K&N filter because it has that giant nut on the top of it. I always struggle to take a used filter off, so having a nut on top always makes it a little easier than having to stab a screwdriver through the filter (and a little cleaner too).

Anyways - Started the process of the oil change by actually recycling the old oil from the last change over a year ago. Also picked up a extra quart so I can put 7 in for this change.

Once I made it home, I looked under the car and determined that the drain was on the driver's side. So, I redeposited the car so I can lift the passenger side.

I pulled the drain and let all the oil out of the engine.

Removed the old filter and placed the new one on the engine.

Put the drain plug back onto the oil pan and added in 7 quarts of oil into the engine. Satisfied with the oil change work completed I decided to look around under the engine. Everything looked fine until I inspected the lower ball joints. It looks like they may need replacing soon.

I don't think it will fail anytime soon - but it is now on my radar as a part that needs replacing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morimoto XB LED Fogs Adapter for Cobra

I've been working lately to improve the adapter I had made a few years ago and think I have made some drastic improvements Old vs n...